The key point of making a pop-up book, is to die cut the creative component parts accurately and then glue them to right position.
It was reported that pop-up book printing and binding started in the earlier of 13 century, but the first audiences were possibly adults not children. In early stage, the people try to illustrate or display something using a revolving disc or volvelle. Nowadays, the volvelle mainly were used for such diverse purposes like as teaching anatomy, making astronomical predictions, creating secret codes and even telling fortunes. In 1564, the book Cosmographia Petri Apiani was published, and it is a typical movable astrological book. From then on, the medical profession made use of this format, illustrating anatomical books with layers and flaps showing the human body. The English landscape designers made use of flaps to illustrate the views of his designs.
While it can be proved that books with movable parts had been used for centuries, they were almost always used in scholarly works. It was not until the 18th century that these techniques were applied to books designed for entertainment, particularly for children. During 19 century, first real pop-up books produced by Ernest Nister and Lothar Meggendorfer were popular in Germany and Britain. The great leap forward in the field of pop-up books came in 1929 with the publication of the Daily Express Children's Annual Number 1. Four more Daily Express Annuals followed and then Giraud setup his own publishing house. There were seventeen Bookanos before the series came to an end with the death of Giraud in 1949. In the United States, in the 1930s, Harold Lentz followed Giraud's lead with the production of the Blue Ribbon books in New York. He was the first publisher to use the term pop-up to describe their movable illustrations.
Between 1960s and 1990s, in United States, hundreds of pop-up books for children were published, which push the great advance in pop-up book printing field happened in the end of 19 century. Although intended for U.S. audiences, these books were assembled in areas with lower labor costs, initially in Japan and later in Singapore and Latin American countries such as Colombia and Mexico. During this period, Random House and other publishers published millions of pop-up books, and lower labor costs in developing countries support the books to spread world widely.
1. Professional printing factory
2. OEM order are welcome
3. High quality, best price
The advantage of Image printing packaging ltd. Image printing is one of the best quality printers in china. Our vision is to continuously grow as a top-quality and best-service printer in Asia. We have been in the printing business and have been exporting for many years. Most of our clients rely on us for quality, reliability and attentive service. Quality of book printing depends on every process in production line, and the used paper and ink are the keys to our product cost, so we will provide our clients with the best book printing craft and the most suitable book printing paper size.
1. We are the 100% manufacturer with middle-scaled factory in china with 1000 staff.
2. Printing equipment: Komori S40SP 8c Printing Machine. We produce all goods by ourselves, and not allow any outsourcing production from other factories. It is the 1 step service from printing, Surface disposal, Material die-cutting, Craftsmanship, QC, Packing, delivery, therefore quality is 100% assured.
3. All our goods are by use of best materials which is environmentally-friendly and we can guarantee all mass production goods are same as the perfect pre-production samples with exactly same material and craftsmanship.
4. All our team members are highly experienced with responsible manners, fast-tracking attitudes and prompt reaction, For our salesman and merchandisers, all of them are in possession of Bachelor degree with best English communication capability.